How does it work?
Our Maternity Nurse Refresher Course is a two-day session followed by a six-week learning programme for you to complete independently. The session is composed of a lecture and practical workshops in a group.
What will the training focus on?
- how to guide and support new mums and parents in their journey with their little one and give them professional advice on topics such as breastfeeding, bottle feeding, sleep, routine
- how babies evolve in the first few months of life and what you can do as a Maternity Nurse to help parents become more confident when looking after them
- how to identify common issues such as reflux or post-natal depression (PND) and suggest the appropriate course of action
- how to become a trusted adviser for parents, thanks to in-depth knowledge about topics such as breastfeeding and post-natal depression.
- An OCN Maternity Maternity Nurse Accreditation in Levels 3 & 4 is a prerequisite for this Refresher Course
- As this is a Refresher Course, no further accreditation or certificate will be delivered following the training
- Please note this is a non-medical training.
How often do you organise the trainings?
We usually host one or two per quarter (we require minimum five people) – check the dates on our calendar and get in touch if you have any questions.
I need more practice – what can I do?
Join the Maternity Nurse Newbie programme to gain practical skills and experience – contact us for more information.